Orangeville is the site of the Headwaters Health Care Centre, a Level C, technologically advanced health facility which opened in 1997. The hospital is actively recruiting 1-2 FTE's/2-4 part time physicians for the emergency department.
There is twenty-four hour support for medicine, surgery, anaesthesia (including RT), radiology and gynaecology/obstetrics, with paediatric coverage available 3 nights/week.
Some vital stats
- approximately 40,000 visits
- 8 hours(double coverage)(0900-2330)
- or 9 1/2 hours(single coverage) (2330-0900)
- 12 full-time(minimum 10 shifts/mo)
- 10 part-time(minimum 4 shifts/mo)
- Alternate Funding Agreement (hourly rate varies with the shift) plus 38% shadow billings
- 3 local FD's work in the emergency department
- 6 physicians are CCFP(EM) certified (not required)
- Headwaters Healthcare Centre
- This hospital serves Orangeville.